Friday, December 9, 2011

From 2008... Old Art Found And Now Included...

Starting out in papercutting, I asked a couple of artists if I could try to copy their work to build my skills. One was Cindy at Scherenschnitte. She was a TREMENDOUS encouragement in the first couple years of learning. I asked her questions, and she was kind enough to answer as best she could. I used mostly her pieces, at the time, for practice, since she was so proactive in her assistance and because her work is so admirable, but I did also do some from a couple other people.

Because I was just getting the handle of things back then, including labeling everything... I have NO idea where I got this from. I made NO mention on the back as to where I got it, and I am so sorry about that. If you recognize this piece, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. I have tried to search online, but have not been able to find the source.

I LOVE this papercut. I gave it to my mother-in-law for her 70th birthday card in July of 2008. I recall not including it in my scanned art because it was not my own design, but now that I look at it, it is a pretty good replica for a beginner.

Please ask for permission before using someone else's art. :-) And, label whatever you DO use so you do remember the source. That is said from experience. Oh, the things we learn on our creative journey. Hahah...

Well, I hope you like it as much as I do!!

4 comments:

MaryL said...

Its wonderful!!! I just love little birds!I have so wanted to get into paper-cutting but my fingers just aren't up to the task... Oh well...can't do everything :)

daysease said...

Dear Mary!! I cannot even tell you how many times you have come to mind!! How are you???? Please DO let me know. Thank you for your kind comments and care. I appreciate them with all my heart. Thank you so much for stopping by. May God bless you and keep you... :-)

Momofboys said...

It's beautiful and I'm sure Aunt Helen really appreciated it especially since it was homemade!!

daysease said...

Yes, Claudia, but mainly because she marvelled that something so lovely could be made from paper. It is amazing, isn't it? Wish I could manage to create one as close to perfect. Mine are more folksy. :-) I am okay with that, but love those realistic and lovely ones, too. :-)