Monday, January 3, 2011

December 29, 2010... Miranda's Rainbow Panda...



My baby girl has turned 5! The time is flying by, and I am so grateful for God's blessings to me and my family. While there are certainly challenges in our days, I want to make the most of the happy times. I am one who plans the themes of birthdays well in advance. I did animals this past year of 2010, and found that the panda seemed like the perfect theme for my daughter, along with the rainbow, as we love rainbows. :-) My daughter is a vibrant, smiley, twirling, jumping, and loving-to-be-tickled little girl. She loves colors bright and beautiful, and princesses and pretty things, too. So, what better cut than this for my dear baby girl.

I love you, Miranda... More than words can say. I sit here remembering the day I saw your form on the monitor and realized you were a girl... I remember clearly the day you were born, and I got to see you for the first time. I remember, and just feel so blessed. God surprised me with a special gift on that December day in 2005. After 3 brothers, God had given me complete peace about the possiblity, even probability, of having another boy. I was content knowing that God has plans for this family, and He would, and will, give us all we need to teach us, grow us, and help us. I longed for a girl for many years, someone who I could have just a touch more in common with because of sharing the same gender- girl. I longed, and God did not provide (at least not for a long time). When I surrendered that to Him, He knocked my socks off with a HUGE surprise- YOU!!! You are BRRRRRRUTIFUL (!), and Mamma, PapĂ , and your brothers (all four of them) just think you are the greatest.

Baby girl, always remember to 1)tell the truth, 2)work hard, 3) do what's right for Jesus, 4) do your best. Remember "God leads me..." Psalm 23, verse 2.

"Guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23

Keep being the unique, happy, and vibrant YOU God created you to be. Remember... He has a purpose and plan for making you as you are. So... Trust Him to help you, guide you, grow you, and most of all LOVE you in a most perfect way, just for you.

He is the Best Friend you can EVER have!

Always, Mamma and your family :-)

1 comment:

Momofboys said...

This I such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful precious gift of a girl!!