Friday, October 22, 2010

October 19, 2010... Psalm 31:14... (a birthday cut)...


Psalm 31:14 "But, as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;... You are my God. My times are in Your hands."

This papercut was made for my cousin and friend, Rosemary.

Dear Rosemary,

Here is just a little something for you...a gift of thanksgiving and praise to God for this life He has given you.

"This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I created this papercut especially for you and this occasion (her birthday). I came across this verse recently and was really blessed by it (Psalm 31:14). I knew that I had to attempt a papercut expressing God's blessings and provisions in all of our "times".

The hand in this papercut represent God's carrying/covering/cradling hand. The sphere is supposed to have a clock "feel" to it, and it especially represents some "times" that I have witnessed God's hand move, work, grow, bless, and encourage me. He truly has "never left or forsaken me". :-) These "times" have been some of the hardest and traumatic times in my life, but God has grown good things in me as I have surrendered, clung to, relied on, and believed in Him. His mercy has endured through each "STORMY", "DARK", "DESERT", and "BLESSED AND BEAUTIFUL" time. No matter what, He has been faithful, good, and never unjust.

May your heart be overwhelmed with joy as you remember His help and the works of His hand in your life over these years. In these, it is a blessing to remember. It's a great way "to encourage yourself daily".

I love you dearly, Rosemary. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am personally grateful for these years, for over these last 11 years, I have had the pleasure of getting to know you, to laugh with you, to share. It has meant so much.

I love you, my cousin, my friend...

Always, Celita

No comments: