Friday, September 10, 2010

Two Personal ATC's...


Life...Love...Joy... (Motherhood has been my place of learning, my place of growing, my place for each of these words- along with marriage. It is not often easy, but the rewards are immense. I am especially missing the infant stages now. This is my gentle reminder to myself of days gone by. Oh, how I am missing them, but I am also looking forward to days to come. My kids are growing so quickly. I so want to relax and enjoy them. God is helping me to do that. Ask Him, He can help you, too.)


Romans 8:1, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (This cut began very differently. I intended that her face was directed heavenward. I had a title chosen already. I decided just to adjust her chin downward to see how it would turn out, and I had a brainstorm of having her kneeling at Jesus' feet with the crosses in the background. I cannot explain to you how I got the idea of having Jesus reaching down to pull her chin up with His gentle fingers, but I can tell you that this is ME. I had a down time and was condemning myself on some things; and this piece of art overwhelmed me to tears. Like a message just for me, which WOULD imply that God used my own hands to create a message for my heart. Yes. Thanks, Lord, it was a special moment. Thank you for reminding me of Your immense and unconditional love. Thank You for touching my heart."

1 comment:

e_susan94 said...

Beautiful papercut, what a great artistic talent. It's such a great visual to see us when we are down that Jesus is touching/comforting. I have many days like this.