Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 2010...Two Special Cuts...


We had a double (okay triple) themed birthday party. We held it on July 4th, so of course come colors were from that. You know, Red, white, and blue, stars and stripes... The first two original themes were as follows: King Josiah in the Bible became king at 8 years old, and He was a king who loved God. And... to go along with my year-long animal themes, I decided to use an animal that was known for being king, but was not a lion. Any guesses who the animal part of the theme was based on? If you guessed BABAR then you are correct. I loved the choices, and so did my son. Different is one of the things I like. Originality mixed with the usual. By the way, there are no birthday parties that I could find online based on this character. Odd, I think. Anyhow, it was a simple, but fun, party. Lots of food, laughter, and fellowship. (Titled "Babar And The Red Balloon")

Giosaia, we love you so much. We are so proud of you, and we cannot believe that you are 8 already. Stay in the light of the SON!!!



Created for a friend, Romina from Rome... Have you ever met someone who made you laugh hysterically while telling a story in another language, even though you did not understand every word of the recounting? She does that for me. She is a great girl who, like all of us, needs a bit of encouragement. This was what I made for her.

(Titled Psalm 139:14 which says, " I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.")

Colors may have been dulled drastically by scanning. Sorry.

1 comment:

Faye said...

What a fabulous birthday party that must have been. Babar is nice, but Josiah has always been one of my favorite kings of the OT. Congratulations, big boy, on turning 8.