Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 9, 2010 A-Budding Love...



There is a song that I remember from childhood called "Abiding Love". While I was creating this papercut, I kept thinking of that song, but inserting "A-budding" in place of "Abiding". So... I suppose it is a pun of sorts. :-)

I have been thinking about youth, love, and that time of growth. I am watching young adults around me pass through what I have already passed through. The struggles to know "what is REALLY right or best for my life?" There are those on the way to marriage, or those just starting relationships and in the middle of deep puddles of doubt. There are those beginning new careers, moving away from families, finding new jobs or new homes, preparing for college, ending one chapter of life to begin another.

Change is not easy. And, for me, it seems that my life really does represent the quote, "Anything worth having is worth fighting for." The best things of my life have not come easily by any means. I mean, NOTHING. I was really discouraged about it yesterday, as I scanned through my life and observed how "struggling, stretching, tottering, bending, trudging" have been constants in my journey.

Today I feel better, but I feel heart sore. I know that all of those challenges have caused me to build endurance, grow in faith, and to lean more on God. I am grateful to see how much I have grown, but... Sometimes I wish I could have some things come easily.

Yesterday I was looking at the photostream of some of a friend's art, and I saw that he had a series of three cards representing a flower bud growing. I sat staring, reflecting. One seemed to be ready to soar into the sky, exciting and ready to just be let go to grow. Another seemed as if inching along gradually, up, up, up, but still reaching and wanting. And the last seemed to be going even more slowly, still piled on top of itself and just beginning to show bravery to lean away from what it has always known.

This papercut card, here, represents the couple, the differences in upbringing, location, thought process, and so many other things; but what I really want to be represented is the SUN. It is big and the bud grows towards it because it wants to soak up the light. That is how we each, individually, should ideally be with Jesus, the SON, so that we can soak up His goodness, blessing, and have His direction, guidance, wisdom, discernment, etc... when making life's many tough decisions.

I can attest, personally, to God's faithfulness to guide me and direct me. I prayed often about most issues in my life. I remember feeling at a loss of what to do, many times. I remember feeling overwhelmed, ready to break, stressed out. I remember lots of different emotions, but through them all God was, and is, always in control. As I leaned on Him, and still do lean on Him, as I sought Him for His perfect will in my life, He has always given me an answer- Yes, No, or Wait. As I have obeyed Him, I have seen His perfect will and perfect way. Yes, I have made mistakes, but... He has also helped me to get back up after I have fallen. What a faithful and loving God He is.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Note: The color of the sun is a little off in the scan. It is more of a light orange... Perhaps other colors are also not exact, but that was the most noticeable.

No comments: