Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 6, 2010... My Son's Journal With A New Collaged Face...






So, a week or so ago my son begged me for a real journal, not just a notebook to write in. Since I write in one myself, I thought it might be a great opportunity to teach him the joy and blessing of the written art and expression. I went through my things and came across an old daytimer that I was planning on using for a journal myself. It has great lines down each page, and the dates can be covered over or ignored. It was a little smaller than I preferred, but I also knew that I would not buy one for the same purpose if I did not have to. After my son asked me for one, I decided it would be the perfect size for him. He saw its black, fake leatheryness and asked if we could put something nicer on the front. "Of course, just let me think on it"...

I have kept bits and pieces of paper for-EVER. I see an ad or an image in a newspaper or magazine, and if it is allowed, I take it and put it in my stash. I have a pretty good collection that I am very careful about how they are used. After going through, I found bits that I just knew I had to give to this project. Art from old catalogues that speak of God's faithfulnes to us, encouragements, funny images, even thought provoking images... they are on the cover or scattered within on different pages. I presented it to him, and... He loved it!! He keeps going back to look through it- as do each of the kids.

I love to make something new from something old. I also love when it can bring a smile to someone's face, and when it can encourage their hearts. Is there something you can do for someone else that may have the same effect? It is worth acting out on that. Life is short. Make the most of it!

Have a great day!!




Don't forget to check out the book where one of my papercuts has been published!! And the site also has a "monthy zine" where I am February's guest artist. :-)
http://daysease.blogspot.com/2010/02/february-1-2010-in-print.html

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Bless his heart! That's really sweet. jan