Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010 Personal Art Challenge... God Is Bigger Than...








It has been a year now since one of my family members and I gave each other a special challenge... to creatively, artfully express the phrase, "God is bigger than..."

It took me a whole year to come up with this idea, which is perfect, I think. It is just what I felt to express but did not know how to do sooner.

M, this is for you. I love you dearly, and I so desire God to touch your heart to draw closer to Him, to trust in Him, to surrender to Him. He can heal our hearts, no matter how marred, scarred, hard, or walled up they are. We just need to cry out to Him to heal us, help us, and He will. He is the only One who can make "beauty from the ashes" of our lives. He is the only One who will love you unconditionally, no matter what, who desires to be your God and also your Best Friend.

Now, I wrote to M, but I have exposed my words for you all to read in hopes that they might encourage you to think about them. I hope you do...

With many thoughts and many desires of good for you...

3 comments:

Nathalie Thompson said...

The first thing that comes to mind is that God is bigger than... the boogie man (if you are familiar with vintage Veggie Tales!)

Maybe too flippant and comical for such a serious post, but if you think about it, it's true. God is bigger than all of your fears.

Something I am pondering now...

Thank you for the thought provoking post. :)

nancy said...

It is so true and a beautiful expression of the thought. Oh, the stories we could tell of all He's brought us through!

daysease said...

Yes, Nathalie, I knew that would be one of the things some people would think of... because I thought it, too. ahahah!! :-)

Nancy, I love that we can be in touch better this way. So glad to "see" you!!!

Thank you, both, for checking in!! Means a lot!