Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010... 18th Ti Aspetto...














First, Happy New Year!!

Second... My oldest niece will be 18 in January. Here in Italy the 18th birthday party is the big one and not the 16th. I offered to make her the invitation, and this is what I have come up with. She seems to like it.

N, ti voglio tanto bene. Grazie per quest'opportunità di mostrarti quanto ti voglio bene e di aiutare in questo modo. Auguri e Quasi Buon Compleanno!!

N, I love you so much. Thank you for this opportunity to show you how much I love you and to help in this way. Congratulations and Happy Almost Birthday!!!

Click the image to view larger...

4 comments:

WonderfulWire said...

Very cool design! And thanks for the bit of interesting insight into the culture :)

e_susan94 said...

Absolutely beautiful. When we were in Italy almost 16 yrs ago (when we got engaged & saw my Nonno), I remember N liked Wayne and me and she wanted to sit on our laps and hang out with her "American" cousins. :) I just can't believe she is 18 now and all the others growing up so fast. One day I need to find those photos that we took of her and the family.

daysease said...

Thank you...

nancy said...

Hello, dear friend! I'm bookmarking this one so I can check it regularly. The invitation is truly beautiful. Some of your best work, I think.
Sorry about those chicken pox. Such a nuisance and a really uncomfortable time for the little ones.
I've settled into a very sensible work schedule so I can get back to blogging and artwork. I'll only be working about 20 hours per week now. Going back to work really made a dent in my art-time!
Love to you all,
Nancy