Thursday, November 5, 2009


Prairie Patchwork








Miriam's mommy is my friend. She and her family went on a trip last year and her mommy came back with a special gift for me... a snow globe with a Holly Hobbie image in it. I loved the sweet gingham and patchwork apron, the bonnet, and the petticoat peaking from beneath her dress. I loved the gathered blue flowers in her hands. And I loved the words painted along the base of the snow globe... "Love can brighten any day!" It was a special gift indeed.

Miriam's 1st birthday is this Saturday. I knew that I wanted to make her a unique card/gift to mark this special milestone of exiting babyhood and entering childhood. Problem was... I was having a problem coming up with something different.

Have you ever had the problem? When you got stuck into a routine of doing the same thing and had a hard time getting out of it. Some of my papercuts have stuck to a very distinct pattern, and I knew that was not what I wanted for THIS particular gift. But I had no idea what to do instead. So... I went into my china cabinet for some girlie inspiration. And there I had a "Voila!" moment and knew JUST what I would do.

Here we have a Holly Hobbie-ish image that I freehanded from the image in the snow globe, and then I added the very beautiful papers which were provided by my sister-in-law when she came to visit recently. Yeah for lovely papers!!!

I was SO pleased with the result, and both I and my husband agree that this is one of our favorites. I hope you like it as well.

Miriam, Happy 1st Birthday!! May the Lord continue to bless your life in amazing ways! We love you!

If you would like to see the image a bit closer, just click the picture.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your use of colorful papers! What a nice keepsake for the birthday girl.

WonderfulWire said...

Wonderful Celita!! You did a fantastic job on free handing the little girl... what a wonderful present! :)