Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 10, 2009 Le Vite- The Vines...


Le Vite... The Vines







This card was inspired by a book... "4000 Flower & Plant Motifs: A Sourcebook" by Graham Leslie McCallum. My friend, Kathy, owns it and leant it me.

Thank you, so much...

I tell you, my heart got so excited over the beauty and potential of this book. The creative ideas flowed, and I poured over the images as if they were chocolate morsels to my creative soul. I did NOT replicate the images, and would prefer not to; but I did glean ideas from two specific examples on pages 71 and 334.

I was also reminded about a verse from John 15:5, where Jesus says of Himself, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit..."

I made this card after days of brainstorming for inspiration for a card for my Father-in-law's birthday. When this idea came up, I KNEW it would be perfect for him.

So... Happy Birthday, Dad!


P.S. Please pray for my father-in-law and our family as we deal with the death of my father-in-law's 103 year old mother, my husband's grandmother, this past Tuesday, the 10th. (The exact day this cut was completed.)

Thank you.


Click to see larger.

2 comments:

WonderfulWire said...

Absolutely stunning card! What a beautiful gift!!...103!!?? What a long time to have to be able to be in others lives!

Kim said...

I love this one!