Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23, 2009 Love Grows...


Love Grows...









This is based off of another cut I did for my nephew when he was born. This one is to my cousin, N.

Sometimes you just need to use snail mail to give that extra special touch of "I Miss You And Think Of You All The Time". Email is great, but snail mail... there is nothing that compares to the joy of opening the mailbox and getting a personal letter, with words carefully scrawled out, thoughts, encouragements, and sometimes funnies and maybe some extra little tidbits tucked inside.

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days when I had to wait a week or even two for that letter I was expecting from that special person in my life. No, I do not mean a boyfriend. I mean cousins, grandparents, friends, my parents, anyone I cared for... The anticipation, the thrill of it finally arriving, the step by step opening while trying not to tear the precious paper inside, and soaking up every blessed word... sigh...

What special and (mostly) pleasant memories. I cannot wait to get this out to N. Yay!! She is not expecting it!!

2 comments:

WonderfulWire said...

I know what you mean! I used to send all kinds of little notes and postcards and such... at least we can still get ATCs in the snail mail! :)

Kim said...

I just love this cutting! I have a good friend and we've been sending snail mail for 10 years now. It is a highlight when I go to the mailbox and there is a card from her!