Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 2, 2009 A Time For Trials, A Time For Rocking Waves...


A Time For Trials, A Time For Rocking Waves...


I will be honest... Life has recently been tremendously challenging. I have been challenged to face my insecurities and failures with courage I do not have, and I have had to face them blindly, except for One thing: the love, care, and faithfulness of Jesus. No matter how high the "waves" of my life get, I am reminded about the story in Mark 4:35-41:

"And that same day, when the evening had come, He said unto them,"Let us pass over to the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took Him even as He was in the boat; and there were also with Him other little boats. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was now full. But He was in the hind part of the boat, asleep on a pillow; and they awoke Him and said unto Him, "Master, don't you care that we perish? And He arose, and rebuked the wind and said unto the sea, "Peace, be still." And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith? And they feared exceedingly and said one to another, "What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"


How spectacular and AWE-some!!! No matter how bad things get in my life, Jesus is always in control. He is our Victor, the Lover of Our Souls, Our Redeemer, Our Life-Saver!!! We can trust Him to take care of us.

Psalm 51:10-12 says:

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit."

We must repent before God for those things that we do that are wrong and keep us from being in His presence. The littlest wrong thing we do- a white lie, an impure thought, a feeling of hate in our hearts, lust, bitterness, envy, jealousy- these are sin in the eyes of God. And sin keeps us from knowing His presence, hearing His voice, living in His ways as we should.

I choose to stay on the boat and wait on my Jesus to calm the waves that sometimes seem to overwhelm me. I choose to "rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction/tribulation, and continue steadfastly in prayer..." (Romans 12:12)

I may fail, but I will trudge on, journey on, and give my heart, soul, mind, and strength to the One who I can trust the best and most- Jesus.

2 comments:

TonyaA said...

Beautiful!
Blessings, peace, and love,
~Tonya Ashe

joy deeann carson said...

ooo I love the way you did the waves on this one, and combined with the tilt of the boat and the thunderstorm clouds and lightning- so much movement!