Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 2009 Maestro Carlo...


Benedizioni Innumerabile (Innumerable Blessings)




These days have had just an edge of sadness as we prepare for a summer that will usher in a very different school year in September. My son's, Antonio's, main teacher is retiring this year. It took me over two years to adjust to how this teacher taught. I cried too many times to count over frusteration, feelings of inadequacy, and more frusteration. Learning new teaching methods in a different country are not so easy. Every year there is some new and interesting challenge for me in the academic world.

As we prepare to say goodbye to Antonio's teacher, I feel weepy inside. Things will not be the same without him. This was the best year we have had with him so far, and now we will have to adjust again... to another teacher, new and different teaching methods, etc... Not Comfortable!!!

But, I cannot help thinking about this song based on a verse in the Bible... I learned it so long ago, but it is ingrained in my mind...



"Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man/ they are ordered of God, They are ordered of God/ Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man/ They ar ordered of God

In the time of trouble God will uphold you/ God will preserve you/ God will sustain you/ In the time of trouble God will lift you up/ So rejoice your steps are ordered of God..."



God is in my tomorrows, He is in today, and He is every moment along the way.

I pray that Maestro Carlo will be safe, health-ful, and be filled with God's many blessings, His guidance and direction, joy, peace, and "strength for today and hope for tomorrow". I pray that he will relearn to enjoy the simple blessings and beauties of life and be refreshed. And I pray that this coming school year will be touched in a very special way. May we all have a renewed sense of WHO JESUS IS!!!

Auguri, Maestro Carlo!!!

No comments: