Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 1 and 3, 2009 Heart-Abandoned in The Way, The Truth, And The Life...


The Way, The Truth, The Life... This one is based on John 14:6 where Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." It all started with another theme I had in mind. I did not finish that challenge theme, but did complete this one. It is the biggest papercut I have ever done measuring in at 8 1/2 by 11 inches. The rainbow at His clothing and in the words was the first part of color I completed on the piece, and I felt it was significant as I remembered that "Not only is He a Promise Maker... He is a Promise Keeper". Just think back to the story of Noah, and then glance throughout the Bible and history. God is faithful, and not unjust, and not only is He God, Savior, Lord, King of kings, Prince of Peace, etc... He also wants to be our FRIEND!!! I am in awe, and overwhelmed. Thank you, Jesus!!!



I Stand With Arms High And Heart Abandoned... (inspired by a song by the music group Hillsong United)... that is how I want and long to be, fully open, surrendered and trusting Jesus. He has my best in mind, His plans are perfect, so I want to trust Him as a child who knows she is completely safe in the arms of her loving Father. I long to be free to worship Him in spirit and in truth. I desire to know Him so much more...

And, by the way... I will be posting the papercuts at a smaller scale. If you desire to see it in the larger scale, just click on it.

Blessings to you!

3 comments:

Uber Crafter Wanna-Be said...

I love your cuttings! HOW do you come up with original ideas? Help!

perilloparodies said...

hi, Uber Crafter, Wow, that IS a loaded question... well, when i first started out, i got ideas from simply everywhere... washing dishes, the school bus dropping off my kids, driving to church, messy baby meals, the kids playing (or fighting)... life. I also got ideas from clothing/cloth patterns that reminded me of papercutting. even wood art, some toys, nature, etc... you can go any way you like with it... almost like painting, or drawing but with scissors. What kinds of things attract you? i love to try my hand at things in nature and in mommyhood. My life is my own example. and my faith. any animals you like? particular flowers? activities? draw whatever it is out... and then after making some clear lines, cut only lines that you do not need. You know, papercutting is not just scherenschnitte... you could draw a dog, and cut him out, you could draw a flower, cut it out and mount it on some pretty paper. i prefer scherenschnitte because it is so interesting and challenging and, for me, fun, but there is more than one kind of method for papercutting. Google it... you may be surprised. Papercutting/scherenschnitte/the art of cutting paper, etc... Have fun! Let me know if I can be of any assistance... :-)

Elaine Candeloro said...

Celita, This is the first time I am seeing the Way, Truth, and Life cut. I love it! One of my favorites. I love all the different pictures and themes that you have rolling into a big theme. And the color scheme is fantastic. Would you mind if I print myself off a copy of this? Miss you!