Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6, 2009 Bible Cuts (For Tammy)...


Peter Sinks (Based on Mark 6: 45-52, and John 6: 15-21)

David And Goliath (Based on 1 Samuel 17: 40-50)

Jesus Calms The Storm (Based on Matthew 8: 23-27, Mark 4: 35-41, and Luke 8: 22-25)



I am way past due on making papercuts for some trades, and I finally finished these for Tammy. Thank you, Tammy, for your patience. I hope you like them.

I love doing Bible cuts. They are "encouragement" cuts as I focus on what I am drawing and cutting, and remembering, at the same time, the stories they represent. SIGH... I love these Bible stories!!!

6 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I think that your Bible illustrations are my favorites. I wonder if there is some publisher who would pay you for them. They are quite wonderful. jan

Christine said...

These are amazing. I love the text in the background. They really are fantastic.

John Speight said...

I particularly love the "Jesus calms the storm" design. The boat rising on the spiral wave is terrific. I also like the paper you've mounted them on. Great ideas!

LDH said...

Hello,
I came here from Snippety Gibbet's blog and wanted to say I enjoyed visiting and seeing your cuttings.

I only skimmed some of you posts but noticed you are originally from Philly. I'm just over the bridge! I was born in Philly but grew up in south Jersey.

Kindly, ldh

John Speight said...

I particularly like the "Jesus calms the storm" picture. I love the way the boat is riding on the spiral wave. Great design!

Uber Crafter Wanna-Be said...

You sure do have talent!! I love looking at your cuttings.