Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 3, 2009 :-) Running Races With Spring Fever...


Spring Petals

Run The Race, based on Hebrews 12: 1-2 (For a birthday card for my oldest son, 8 years old)


I am either ready for a GOOD snow or I am waiting impatiently for Spring to come upon us. I have not quite decided since we have had rain all winter.

I tend to be one who has a hard time letting go of things that I have had no closure to... Like winter's without snow, or baby days that fly by too quickly to even obtain an ounce of closure, or the sudden death of a dear and most-loved grandmother nine years ago, etc... It is not that I can't accept these events, it is that I tend to have an extended grieving time, that seeps into the soft parts of my heart, and, I suppose, readies my heart for more growth, like in Springtime. The land deals with the harshness of winter and buds forth wonderful fruit in spite of the pain, the beating wind, and any other elements. That is how I feel right now... Like I am facing certain elements that must be dealt with, must be a part of my life, but that are not easy, and that the result will be budding growth further along.

It is not easy, but... I am encouraged as I focus on these words,

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN WITH ENDURANCE the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the JOY that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
(Hebrews 12: 1-2)

I must Run My Race, I must grow, and I must arrive at the finish line. I MUST Endure.

"Lord, Help me to continue on in this Journey You have blessed me with. I am not strong, but You have said that I can rely on Your strength when I am weak. I need Your Joy to overflow in my sometimes grieving heart, and I need your hope to remind me that I need to continue forward so I can see the fruit of my labor, or here or in heaven. Be blessed by my "sacrifice of praise". May it be pleasing to you.

Thank you, Jesus, that You said you would never leave me or forsake me on my way, and that you said you would never give me more than I could handle, in Your strength. I surrender each step- running, walking, crawling, or trudging- back to You!! I love you, Jesus!!"

3 comments:

Octamom said...

Love this post--love the thoughts and love the cut-out piece that depicts it~~just beautiful!

Blessings!

perilloparodies said...

Thank you, Octamom... It means a lot for you to say so... Thanks for checking in. Hope you and your most beautiful family are well... need to check in to your blog as well. soon. blessings.

Snippety Gibbet said...

I have said precisely the same thing several times this week. Give me one GOOD snow or let it be spring!!! We have a wind chill of 0 today. No snow. No fun. This weekend we're supposed to be in the 50's or 60's. THAT I can get into! jan